1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

halo/ron issues

Discussion in 'Games' started by Phalanx, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Phalanx

Phalanx Thread Starter

After the Halo multiplayer screen said there was an update patch, i did everything they told me too and now the game is updated, but won't connect to gamespy now...nothing other than the patch was changed, being first instinct i have is, to remove the patch and the game and reinstall the original files. Well even with the old files it won't connect anymore. The game was fine and could connect before the stupid manual auto patcher!! Also my Rise of Nations game, which has always run great in the past, crashes upon startup....now completely uninstalling and reinstalling original files works maybe once, then it crashes again the next time i want to play. No game files have been changed or w/e and i have the required patches. These are two of my top ranking games and with both on down time, i'm just getting more irritated. The only things that run in the backround: Trillian and Powerstrip. And yes i have closed all backround apps and tried, but i know that's not that source of the problem...Any thoughts or suggestions would be great...

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    have you tried looking for spyware?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!