1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Halo won't work

Discussion in 'Games' started by sverre, Oct 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sverre

sverre Thread Starter

when i open up my newly installed halo it works fine until the game menu loads... i just got a black screen with some odd coloured lines at top/left side of the screen and sometimes the whole screen goes green for about half a second and back to the black screen. I was wondering if my computer was the problem

abit kd7 motherboard
    xp 2600+
    gainward fx5200 w/256 ram

it should work fine in theory but what can i do to fix this?

2. McTimson

McTimson

Make sure you do everything in this thread.

3. Luthorcrow

Luthorcrow

Hmm, sounds similar but not the same as my problem. I played the demo uptil last night with no problems. Finished the demo and decided to buy it today...

I uninstalled the demo last night and installed the game today, bam, it's dead. I can but into the game menu but the minute I select Campgain, it crashes and throws me back to the desktop with an error report for Microsoft. Blahh.

So, I tried a complete uninstall, reinstall. No good. Repeat with registry cleaning using JV16 and no adjustments to any of the settings and same thing.

So, I am waiting on hold for Microsoft support, 20 minutes on the phone so far, my first call, and I now I know why I have never called before.

Blast. Has anyone else experienced something similar what was your solution?

4. Hitokiri

Hitokiri

I am having problems with Halo as well.....

My Halo randomly restarts ingame. I installed the newest Catalyst drivers for my 8500 and downloaded directX 9.0b and i am still having the same problems. It usually happens when i try to join a server, switch servers mid-game or change my video settings. Has anyone else had this problem? please let me know.

5. Luthorcrow

Luthorcrow

Well, I didn't post it but my problem was fixed by following ALL of the suggestions in the FAQ. Despirte the fact that I was running Cat 3.7 without problems except for Halo, I uninstalled and reinstalled Cat 3.8 and it fixed my halo problem.

Later, I had a problem with COD missing up my DirectX which caused me to have to uninstall my sound card and re-install. Then it crashed on the drive through the country. As a result COD is sitting on a shelf till I feel like dealing with it's buggy @ss.

Have you installed the Halo patch? Sounds like your problem mainly happens when playing online. Do have any problems on single player?

6. Hitokiri

Hitokiri

im not sure, id ont play much single player. And i Have patched Halo.... but the problem also happens when i adjust my video settings. I alsp found that it did the same thing on my friends comp when i installed the game on his computer temporarily.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!