1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HALP! I lost my cdrw and cd rom :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xryanx, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xryanx

xryanx Thread Starter

I have a cdrom (d) cdrw (e) and a dvdrw (f) and then my computer also thinks i have another drive (which i dont) that i named z, anyway, i had just finished installing photoshop and put in a cd to listen too, i click winamp and a grey box opened (i was starting to lag) so i clicked media player while i was waiting, it opened and said drive E was 'busy' so i took the disk out of E and put it into D, same happend, whole thing lagged and froze so i turned it off with the power button ( :eek: ) restarted and let the scandisk run, went to my computer and D and E werent listed :eek: went to install hardware and lots of other stuff and still no luck, i decided to do a system restore to just before i installed photoshop but to no avail :( i can still use disk in my dvdrw but im really annoyed ive 'lost' my other 2 drives, can anyone help? im using xp if thats of any relevance, thanks!

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Try going into device manager and removing the drives and rebooting.

3. xryanx

xryanx Thread Starter

still doesnt work :S

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

5. Topato

Topato

This happened to me before. I removed a CD when it seemed that windows was locked. It never worked again.....

6. xryanx

xryanx Thread Starter

Perhaps its a windows glitch? thanks for all the help everyone, its sorted now :) i just did what i had to always do to my modem - unplug it and take it apart.. putting the ribbons into the motherboard/drives in a different order fixed it :D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329591

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice