1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hamachi

Discussion in 'Games' started by Omry, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Omry

Omry Thread Starter

Well hey everyone, now before you do ask yes i did search but no one here had my problem, basically i have a weird problem with hamachi that never goes away, i cant ping people other than a computer that is on my internet but even when hes not on my net i can ping him, other computers i try to ping comes up with a request timed out but they can ping me, so basically its a one way ping almost but its really weird, the things i tried to do:
    1) uninstall hamachi completely using an advanced uninstaller.
    2) uninstalling my antivirus completely
    3) disabling my firewall

but the thing is i think my router is blocking it although i cant seem to get on it, i hope you can help me i really wanna play with my friends...

Edit: I managed to get in my router but i still dont know what to do

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    How are you pinging?

3. Omry

Omry Thread Starter

I tried both cmd ping and hamachi ping although they are the same

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Are you pinging by IP? If so the other end may be blocking the ICMP request

5. Omry

Omry Thread Starter

Hmm yeah that's what I do, i don't think the other side is blocking it, I once was able to ping them, but suddenly it changed.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Have you confirmed what IP address the other side has? Because if you were able to do so before, then either the IP address has changed on the other end, or there is a firewall program/router that is blocking the PING requests/gaming.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090736

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice