1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Handheld stops charging after Sync is complete

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by schuylaar, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schuylaar

schuylaar Thread Starter

Had this problem before about two years ago and I can't remember how I resolved it.

My Compaq IPAC 3765 stops charging in cradle after Microsoft ActiveSync is complete (charge light stops blinking, "battery power remaining" shows 100%). When I disconnect it from the cradle it indicates only an 80% charge. Hence, charge is never full and I go halfway through my day when I get the "low battery" message.

I've disconnected the USB, rebooted and performed a soft set...nothing works.

Can anyone help me, please? Thanks, it would make my day!

2. zeddy

zeddy

If you have everything backed up in Outlook you could try a hard reset, then let the battery drain completely - charge on the cable first then back on the cradle.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!