Hang up URLs or misdirection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

deemac12

Two days ago, non of my browsers, Sierra/Oracle/Firefox/Duckk-Duck on OS Catalina v10.15.6, Apple IMAC 27", would connect me to my Amazon.uk site.
By other means I could connect to its American site, but on using that site to change country back to the UK, the site froze.
The site hangs blank and reads, 'untitled'. The same thing happens when I use the 'UK' appellation on any Browser.

I have a couple of Window machines, WIN10 on a Samsung 49", a WIN 7 and a WIN 10 on an LG 27" and on all these OS I can surf the Amazon site OK.

I use the WIN 10 machines for Flight Sim and the APPLE for day to day commercial and domestic use, so it is irritating but not fatal.

It might be a coincidence, but, on the same day on which my fault appeared, an old friend. emailed me about how sorry he was that his computer had been hacked and he thought he would warn me. I haven't changed any passwords yet.
My issue is the only one I have.

Thank you
Derek McBride

Couriant

James
To confirm, you cannot access amazon.co.uk, but can access amazon.com?

Go to Network Utility, and use the Ping option to ping to amazon.co.uk. Please paste the result here.

deemac12

PING amazon.co.uk (54.239.34.171): 56 data bytes

Request timeout for icmp_seq 0

Request timeout for icmp_seq 1

Request timeout for icmp_seq 2

Request timeout for icmp_seq 3

Request timeout for icmp_seq 4

Request timeout for icmp_seq 5

Request timeout for icmp_seq 6

Request timeout for icmp_seq 7

Request timeout for icmp_seq 8

--- amazon.co.uk ping statistics ---

10 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

Couriant

James
Have you checked with your ISP to make sure they are not having any issues to that IP? The IP is amazon's but that shows it's not responding to you. It does respond to me, however it's a little slow.

Try clearing your DNS cache to see if it helps.

deemac12

Thank you for that hint.
In a round about way, it cured the situation, but I had to go to Apple support to cure the problem of entering my password for my machine after entering the opening text. The line about password was followed by a question mark about which there was no obvious next step.
Apple support had the same question answered in 2007 !!
The only one of three suggestions was to type in control z
Then I could bring up Amazon UK.

Well done and thanks again.
regards

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online