hanging in pc limbo

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

medusa569

I am in deep dung with my winxp. Somehow through some registry deletions trying to get rid :confused: of all remnants of Symantec I screwed up my system. I got a blue screen that just hung there. I've tried to do a system restore from the dos prompt which is the only thing i can work through after booting from a Winme disk which can get me to c prompt. I know where i can locate a backup file from Registry First Aide. But i don't know how to move it or activate it. I've tried this scareg command i've seen mentioned often but that isn't recognized. HOw can i do a system restore from command prompt?
be advised i can't do a reinstall from xp disk as i got a prompt my
product key isn't valid..i don't know why and now when i boot from hard drive I perpetually get to winxp startp screens. help...please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online