hanging system when plugging in USB device

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

krazeecrw

When ever I plug a USB product in my Windows 2000 laptop, the system says Found Hardware and then stops and hangs. I am forced to reboot as nothing ever happens. I really dont have much on this system. Any ideas why it may be hanging?

Tushman

Banned
Next time more information would be extremely beneficial in getting a more helpful reply.

1) What is the device you're trying to plug in?
2) Do you have the latest drivers available for the device?
3) What is going on.... have you actually installed it previously and you're plugging it back in Or are you installing it for the first time?
4) What is your operating system?
5) At what point is the hang-up occuring?
6) Have you tried to install it while in safe mode?

And finally, this may be the least likely scenario for you but the problem may be that you're trying to install it while logged under as a restricted user or guest account. For W2K Pro and XP you need to install it as an administrator.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online