1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hangman

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jerricho, Jan 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerricho

jerricho Thread Starter

Well I reported this problem to you before but though your advice worked at first, I am having more problems now.
    It all began when I installed IE5.0. After the installation the IE used to hang now and then when i tried to open JPEG or GIF images using it. When I used to 'end task' of IE it used to pop up with the imge. I tried to repair the IE but in vain as it gave me some missing dll errors and if I am not mistaken one of them was COOL.DLL and also a missing .OCX file.
    I then uninstalled IE5.0 and got my older version back but that too didn't solve my problem. What's happening now that the any application using 'Explorer' freezes, whether it is a MS Word document or a taskbar properties. When I press Ctrl + Alt + Delte, the frozen program runs. I am tired of this. Please help.

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Assuming that you no longer have any "missing" system files, lets rule out problems caused by infections before proceeding to look for other conflicts as well.

Try running the latest antivirus scan here, even if you already have a scanner:

http://housecall.antivirus.com/pc_housecall/

Next go to start, run msinfo32 and click on "software environment" and "startup programs". Click Edit>Select All>Edit>Copy and paste the copied text in your next reply.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66313

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice