1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hangs at verifying dmi pool data

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by trekkie28001, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. trekkie28001

trekkie28001 Thread Starter

I have an old pentium 233mhz computer was working fine til i tried putting more memory in it now it hangs at verifying dmi pool data. I have tried swapping memory it detects it and the hard drive is good and I have swapped cmos battery, disconnected all ide and power cables, cleared cmos jumper but still hangs.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Have you tried with just the original memory installed?

3. trekkie28001

yeah thats the first thing I did. It has 4 simm slots and 2 sdram slots

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If it worked before with the old memory, then really the only thing that could have happened is damaging the memory with ESD or perhaps damaging a part on the board when working on it. The only other things I can think of are listed below.

With a system this old, I would clean out the memory slots with a can of air before reseating the memory.

It sounds like you have done all of the basic troubleshooting. Have you reseated the atx pw connector on the board? It is possible to knock something loose when inside the case.

5. trekkie28001

Yeah I tried reseating atx. I'll try blowing it out.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!