1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hangs on boot-up.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by smilebear, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. smilebear

smilebear Thread Starter

Hi, every morning when I turn the computer on, it boots to a screen thats blue with the following on it, "Intel Inside, Pentium 4, Intel Desktop Boards". It stops there and stays that way until I hit the reset. After I hit the reset, it boots completely. If I reboot through out the day, it starts up with no problem. It appears to be a cold boot problem. We are running OS XP Pro. It has worked just fine for almost a year then a month or so ago, it started this problem. Would appreciate any help.

2. winbob

winbob

Just as a starting point, I'd change out the BIOS battery.

You don't mention having to reset the Date/Time, which I would expect that you'd have to do in addition when the Blue Screen occurs.

How do you shut off the PC for the nite?

Is it UNPLUGGED?

Is the Power Supply switched off?

OR do you just power off with the button on the front panel?

3. smilebear

smilebear Thread Starter

I don't have to reset the clock/date. Actually, I don't have to reset anything except to boot up in the morning. It's not a blank blue screen, it has that " Intel Inside; Pentium 4; Intel Desktop Boards". We just go to Start - Turn Off Computer and it shuts down. It's not unplugged, the power supply isn't shut off. Just the normal shut down. It only happens on cold boot in the morning. If I re-boot once it's been on, no problem. Once I hit reset, it starts up again, goes though that screen and continues on.

4. winbob

winbob

B's T. S. O. M. !!!!

5. smilebear

smilebear Thread Starter

B's T. S. O. M. ????

6. winbob

winbob

Bets the "Stuffing" out of me.

7. TechGuy42

TechGuy42

Reset the cmos back to its default by removing tha battery. Now also your Master Boot Record (MBR) may be corrupt. So to fix the Master oot Record (MBR) go into MS Dos and in the C drive tyoe this command fdisk/mbr it will just go abck to the coammand line but it works it just does nto tell you when it copleted. This may fix your problem.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329855

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice