Happy Birthday Elvis

bordercollie said:
Yes he did - and did you know that his natural hair colour was blond? and that he made Priscilla dye her blond hair black. :)
Maybe when he was a baby:rolleyes:

hotskates said:
Maybe when he was a baby:rolleyes:
Elvis natural hair colour was a sandy blonde colour and he used to dye it with 'Clairol Black Velvet' hair colour. Which made his hair Raven black. He started dying his hair in 1956. :)

Man, that's freaky...

I watched the movie, "Elvis Has Left The Building" last night.

wow.

Happy Birthday.................now leave the building........... Thank you, thank you very much....

ekim68

Mike
bordercollie said:
Yes he did - and did you know that his natural hair colour was blond? and that he made Priscilla dye her blond hair black. :)
I remember the first album I saw of Elvis, from my neighbor, and he had blond hair..
After that, it changed...It was about 1960 as I recall...

Man I remember going to the drive-in and watching lots of his movies and all the other beach type of movies back in the teen years.
Was so cheap too at 3 places in town that had a car fee only on the weekends so we fill up the car with as many as we could and get a place up front and we all lay out on the ground and watch the movies. Yes movies because you could see 2, 3 or more.
To bad all those places closed down.

hewee said:
Man I remember going to the drive-in and watching lots of his movies........we all lay out on the ground and watch the movies. Yes movies because you could see 2, 3 or more.
To bad all those places closed down.
Hewee...you WATCHED movies at the drive in......sure:rolleyes: :p

hotskates, Yes I grew back east so we only had a drive in back where we lived way out on the farm.
Then when we moved out here we had both but the drive in was cheaper. Plus lots of us dod not drive yet because we was to young and then even after we could drive not all of us had cars.
But filling up a van was what we liked best because first you find someone to buy the beer and then we fill up the van and go party at the drive in. :D

hewee said:
hotskates, Yes I grew back east so we only had a drive in back where we lived way out on the farm.
Then when we moved out here we had both but the drive in was cheaper. Plus lots of us dod not drive yet because we was to young and then even after we could drive not all of us had cars.
But filling up a van was what we liked best because first you find someone to buy the beer and then we fill up the van and go party at the drive in. :D
:eek: :eek: You rascal.......sounds like fun times!

anybody remember this song by alannah myles? it was said to be a tribute to elvis presley, but i did not understand the significance of the title of the song... i think i do understand now... thanx to bordercollie's post :)

Black Velvet

Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
Jimmy Rogers on the victrola up high
Mama's dancing with baby on her shoulder
The Sun is setting like molasses in the sky.
The boy could sing, knew how to move, everything.
Always wanting more, he'd leave you longing for.

CHORUS:

Black velvet and that little boy smile
Black velvet with that slow southern style
A new religion that'll bring you to your knees
Black velvet if you please.

Up in Memphis the music's like a heat wave
White lightning, bound to drive you wild.
Mama's baby's in the heart of every school girl
"Love me tender" leaves 'em cryin' in the aisle
The way he moved, it was a sin, so sweet and true.

Always wanting more, he'd leave you longing for.

CHORUS:

Every word of every song that he sang was for you.
In a flash he was gone, it happened so soon,

What could you do?
CHORUS:

...If you please
If you please

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online