1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hard disc error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lachit, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lachit

lachit Thread Starter

hi!
    this my first post. my hard disc is showing error message. i am worried of data loss. is there a serious problem. i have uploaded screen shots of the error message. below i have specified my pc:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2037 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0), 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 102296 MB, Free - 76860 MB; D: Total - 102398 MB, Free - 2462 MB; E: Total - 102398 MB, Free - 42353 MB; F: Total - 102398 MB, Free - 2621 MB; G: Total - 67205 MB, Free - 12132 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., G31M-S2L
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Attached Files:

2. gberger

gberger

hi, welcome to this forum.
    You do have a problem - your hard drive is failing. You need to back up your files immediately and replace the hard drive. If you have an external drive, back up to that.If you don't have an external drive, remove this drive until you get get a new drive. Once you have the new drive installed and loaded with the OS, hook up the old drive as a secondary drive and back up your files to the new drive. Or you can use an external enclosure to connect the old drive to the computer, but unless you have one lying around it's an unnecessary expense. Also, check the type of connection your hard drive uses before ordering a new one - SATA (most likely) or EIDE. SATA uses a narrow cable, EIDE uses a wide ribbon cable.
    Check the manufacturers website to see if your drive is still under warranty. If it is you can get a free replacement.
    (if I'm reading this correctly you have one drive with many partitions, is that correct? )

3. lachit

lachit Thread Starter

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

One partition would have been enough. Partitions are not folders. It's easier to back up just one, and saves a lot of time that is used for moving and copying files from one to another.

Better make sure all your drives have recent backups.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028373

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice