Hard disc space

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

samluvsyou

For the past 2 months I have noticed that everytime I use my PC, free space in the drive in which Windows XP-SP2 is loaded keeps reducing (by 0.1Gb for 4-6 hrs of working on the comp) without me adding anything. I reformatted that drive but the problem persists. I regularly delete cookies and temporary internet files. Updated antivirus (Avast and Clamwin) does not detect anything. Please suggest a solution.

You'll probably find that's system restore if it is a XP system. If you wish to change the size of the hard drive system restore takes right click my computer and click on the system restore tab. You can then change the settings in there. Be wary though, if you turn it off or lower the space it will give you less points to back up to

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online