1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Disk became RAW (Can't install W8)

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Redcell, Aug 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Redcell

Redcell Thread Starter

I was trying to clean install windows, I didn't knew that my hard disk became RAW already now I've tried different solutions like, formatting the hard disk with bootable software, Checking the read sectors of hard disk, Disk part, nothing helped. My problem is that my hard disk becomes un-allocated automatically on every reboot. Even if I do format it, on next shutdown it becomes the same it was before, I really don't care nor have a hope for the data, I just want the hard disk backup running again, so that I can peacefully install windows in it.

I tried different ways and I succeeded in formatting drive BUT after REBOOT I am where I started.

2. legendaryman

legendaryman

Looks like your hdd is dead, its one those signs when its firmware memory fails. Last hope is simply try formatting on different machine,of higher configuration is preferred . if you same results then its time to search for neww hdd.

3. Redcell

Redcell Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply, It's my internal hard disk I really don't have any idea on how do I connect it to some other machine, Al-thought I did ran a surface test and found no errors. Also tried to low format but still... I think it's time. *sighs*

4. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
  5. Redcell

Redcell Thread Starter

6. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Okay then your drive is probably bad and time to replace.

7. Redcell

Redcell Thread Starter

Anyway, I've sent my laptop to a repair shop, Hard disk seems messing things up and gonna get changed also there were some other problems which should be solved. Thank you for everyone who took their precious time into this thread. Have a good day.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214954

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice