1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk And Press Enter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xubergamerx, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xubergamerx

xubergamerx Thread Starter

Hi i have a 74 Gb western digital hard drive with C: and D: drives (i partitioned them)
    the D: drive has all my gaming applications on it and the C: drive has all the files for windows/and other crap like firefox, etc.

I was once reformatting to XP from Vista and in the middle of reformat my computer shut down causing a major problem. the answer was my graphics card died... now i have an EVGA 256Mb 8600GT with DX10. I brought the drive to my neighbors house and he can use it just fine, it boots and everything... but... the problem is that when i bring it to my house, and i insert the drive it goes to the Nvidia Boot Agent and after a while displays HARD DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER. My current BIOS Boot order is Floppy, CD, and then Hard Disk. I don't know why it wont boot, but the copy of XP has been verified and it works great on my friends computer... why won't it start on mine?
    Please help me !

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/637598

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice