Hard Disk Errors--HELP!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RTS1971

I am having major problems with my hard drive. When I attempt to boot the system, I get a "Boot Disk Error" message. I am able to boot from my rescue disk, but, once I get to the command prompt and try running my hard drive disk scanner, I get an error message that the system cannot access Drive C (the hard drive).

I have tried re-installing Windows using the "System Recovery" disk that came with my system, and I, again, get the message that Drive C is not accessible.

Also, the problem started when I got the "Blue Screen of Death" with the message that the system could not write to Drive C. When I hit enter, the machine rebooted itself and the problems began.

Please help....what can I do so that I don't lose all of my data......

Unplug the keyboard and powerup. It should tell you what key to press to enter Setup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online