Hard disk fills up!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cadyg

My hard disk tends to fill up during the day. I have a 40gig disk which is split into 20gig C: & 20gig D:
I start around with 12 gig free on C: but by the end of the day it's down to 1.5gig free!!!
I have run spybot & ad-ware, also scanned for viruses using AVG & Norton.
Any suggestions please

Is your File sharing turned on? If so, turn it off and see if it stops.
If you have an open shared folder someone could be uploading files to your system.

Also have you updated your Ad-aware and /or Spybot S&D before scanning? Did you try the custom Ad-Aware settings scan as well.
I've had folks tell me they're running Ad-Aware only to discover they were still using the 8 Sept 2003 Reference file and couldn't scan for any of the newer threats.

Are you running any Peer to Peer (P2P) software that would allow uploads to your machine over the day? If so try turning it off.

There was a virus around about a year or more ago that did this. I don't remember the name, but seems to me it was associated with one of the music sharing programs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online