Hard disk lights

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AJGlasgow

I have a server which has 3 hard disks and from what i can tell, i have no problems with (i can logon to server, connect over the network, etc) There are however no container lights showing on the disks to show that there are no faults, but the arrows which show activity are still OK. (The error lights which show red disks with a cross through them are also not lit, so it would appear the actual disks are not faulty)

Any idea's why the disk lights are not showing?

Never heard of "disk lights" are these in a RAID cabinet or something?

AJGlasgow

These are the lights on each disk at the front of the server which show that the server is up and running and are OK.

What kind of server? Sounds like a RAID disk array in a rackmount server or a hot swappable setup.

AJGlasgow

It is a Compaq Proliant 3000 with 3 disks running RAID1. It is also rackmounted and is running W2K advanced...Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online