1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hard disk not detcted

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ajanth, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajanth

ajanth Thread Starter

my uncles samsung laptop wasnt booting.it was giving error message as no operating system found.so i went to bios options there i found that there is no primary device found (no hard disk found).only secondary drive cd drive was only deteced.[ls help wat should i do. it as working fine itemsis it the problem not proper handling from airport staff.as he came yesterday from china on a flight.pls help

2. Megabite

Megabite

If you can try re-seating the Hard drive...that means taking it out and then putting it back in.

If it still doesn't recognize it in bios then the HD could be faulty

3. Shabbz

Shabbz

hi ajanth, Doesnt sound good! i dont have a lot to do with laptops but here goes.

How old is the drive, is it noisey, has it packed in maybe? (but that shouldnt cause it to not show in bios)

Or you might have a virus / trojan!

may i sugest going to samsung website and trying their hard disk utilities called ESTOOL : http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/utilities/ES_Tool.html

run some diagnostics and c how u go..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/850207

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice