1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hard disk not found

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JJAG, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JJAG

JJAG Thread Starter

i had to replace my hard drive and im in the process of reloading everything but every time i restart,the black screen comes up and reads
    -primary hard disk drive 1 not found -
    - strike f1 to continue or f2 to go to setup-
    i hit f1 and it takes me on into windows.how can i fix this? thanks

dell 8100
    winme

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Check the jumper on your drive and be sure it is set to master. You probably just need to connect the drive in a different way.

Do you or did you have more than one drive?

3. JJAG

JJAG Thread Starter

i only have one drive ,the jumper was set like my old one on cable select i moved it to master but still same .when i go in setup primary drive 0 shows hard drive and primary drive 1 shows unknown device.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Set drive one to "None". Is that possible? Also check that there is not a separate jumper setting for Master-with-Slave and Master-alone.

Check for a setting on boot device.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597488

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice