1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Hard disk or motherboard problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Adiitya47, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Adiitya47

Adiitya47 Thread Starter

Hello...It'll be a life save If anyone help me :cry: ...I just bought this New gaming pc for gaming...it was working fine first with Windows 10 , till it was getting registry and dll. Errors till I decided to reset the pc but keep my files ..it worked well for a bit But it got too much slow and was showing errors while installing bigger games or copying files. So I decided to give a master reset , deleting everything Which is a very slow process and I let it be , when I came back to check the resetting might be done already but it was stuck on scanning and repairing drive (E:) (Windows is in C: btw) and it was stuck in 100% and still stuck after reboot and then it shutted down automatically , not reboot , when I booted the system again it was showing no bootable device detected ...BIOS wasn't detecting the HDD, to check it with a bootable Windows 7 pen drive and set the drive order like this
    1.USB
    2.HDD
    3 .Optical drive, still it detected the USB and booted but didn't found the HDD to install Windows again

(Point to be noted :Motherboard wasn't detecting pendrive was showing wrong name and wasn't booting in every restart without changing ports )

Specs
    processor:Core i7-870..2.90GHz
    RAM :8GB DDR3
    GPU:AMD Radeon HD 5450 4GB total video memory
    Motherboard: Dreamsys
    HDD:Seagate 1TB
    Please help me out :giggle::giggle:

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

The BIOS must be able to detect the hard drive before anything else will be able to.

First step would be to double-check the connections between the motherboard and hard drive as well as between the power supply and hard drive.

Then, when you power on the computer, can you feel the hard drive spinning? If no, it's either not getting power or there is a serious problem with it.

If yes, that is a good sign but it could still have an internal problem somewhere.

If the BIOS still cannot see the hard drive, before you condemn it, hook it up in another computer to double-check and make sure there isn't some kind of problem with the original computer.

3. Adiitya47

Adiitya47 Thread Starter

Hard disk still spinning but not detecting in bios ...on the other hand I just checked it with another hard disk today and BIOS detected it ....But just missing my 1TB HDD

4. lynx1021

lynx1021

If it is new you should have a warranty , bring it back or RMA it, sounds like the hard drive failed, especially if you were getting registry and dll. Errors

Adiitya47 likes this.
  5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The 870 is hardly new; in fact it is now 10yrs old. If this is a new system, are you sure you have the right parts posted?

Adiitya47 likes this.
  6. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

So know we know that the motherboard is working.

Next step is to test the 1TB hard drive with another computer. If that one cannot detect it either, it's dead and needs to be replaced.

Adiitya47 likes this.
  7. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    crjdriver is correct.
    The hardware in that "new" computer is at least 10 years old.

And if you expect to use it for gaming, you're going to be disappointed with the very weak performance of its AMD graphics card.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Adiitya47 likes this.
  8. Adiitya47

Adiitya47 Thread Starter

Thank you for the info sir..

9. Adiitya47

Adiitya47 Thread Starter

Thank you sir...finally going somewhere with this

10. Adiitya47

Adiitya47 Thread Starter

Yes ...Just a budget gaming pc..not too much fancy stuff but at least got some more fps than my laptop

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229966

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice