1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Disk Problem. problem in booting. HDD not recognized

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mohittomar13, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mohittomar13

mohittomar13 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mohit Tomar
    Yesterday i was surfing net when suddenly my system stopped responding. I waited for 5-10 mins but it dint come back so i pressed the reset button and that's where i guess i made a mistake. Since then whenever i try to start my pc a black screen appears saying "Select a proper boot device to boot".

I checked the boot device priority in the BIOS and found out that HDD is missing from there. However sometimes it shows itself there but still the system comes up with the same message. Someday's back i faced the same problem but that time the problem was solved when i unpluged my HDD and plugged it back. But now it is not working at all.

Can someone please tell me what is the problem with it? Is there any problem with my HDD or motherboard??

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Most likely the hard drive. If it won't appear in BIOS, there is nothing you can do. You can't even test it. You'll have to take it out and connect it to another machine for testing.

3. mohittomar13

First Name:
    Mohit Tomar
    How to test my HDD after connecting it to some other system...??? Do i need to download some program from the seagate website??

4. mohittomar13

First Name:
    Mohit Tomar
    I got it replaced from seagate. There was some problem in it... Thanks Elvandil :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!