1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Disk Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ouji, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ouji

Ouji Thread Starter

I'm trying to reformat and install a fresh copy of windows XP in my acer aspire one, first ive used my winxp cd to reformat and install it but i get this message:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    then so i pressed F3 to quit the setup, and went to BIOS to change the boot settings cuz i want to try my winxp installer in my usb flash drive so when i used it this what i get:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

what should i do, is my hard disk totally corrupted? should i replace it? 'cause im pretty sure there is no problem with my winxp installers, ive tried to use to separate copies and ive been using these to reformat and install winxp to other comps... please help anyone..

2. whutitdew

whutitdew

I have had this issue happen a couple of times. I once was able to get Windows to install but later on the drive finally failed.

Basically I would just purchase a new drive. I never had anything good happen to my drives after receiving that error message.

3. airbrushguy

airbrushguy Banned

i would first grab a copy of drive nuker and completly wipe the drive manually ,this is always good practice anyway to clean a drive proply back to factory , ..the downside is it will take about 2-4 hours to complete but ur drive and anything what so ever on it will be completly wiped clean as reformatting dosnt do that it may be just what you need.

http://www.dban.org/
    download here and put straght to a disk do not open zip file ok. :) follow instuctions in read me and im sure at least for now it will restor your drive.

4. airbrushguy

airbrushguy Banned

also im sure you cant get into windows or use the computer ,use another computer to download and set to boot from disk in the bios this will start the drive nuker disk .

5. Ouji

Ouji Thread Starter

yeah i cant get to windows anymore, before i can though, but after i restarted like 5 times i got the hal.dll or NTOSKRNL.EXE is corrupted, and still cant format and install the OS, ive tried the 2 windows installers in other computer, and for some reason it can't detect the hard drives of the other computer.. I tried to repair also but it wont just let me do anything..

6. Ouji

Ouji Thread Starter

I'm trying to download 2 different copies of WinXP see if it works.. Does anyone here know why this happening?...
    @airbrushguy, after using the nuker, i can install a fresh copy of WinXP?

7. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    If the drive is failing or has failed all you can do is get a new harddrive and go from there.Wiping a failing drive is going to finish it off and certainly isnt going to fix anything.If you have anything you want to save i would suggest you pull the drive out and use a usb sata/ide connector to try to salvage what you value before the drive quits entirely.

8. Ouji

Ouji Thread Starter

Yeah it seems like there is no way I can save my laptop's drive, I've DBAN but all I got is "reading sectors error(EDD)" I don't have anything important to get from my drive, I got them all before it failed like this. I do wonder what it caused it to fail... Someone know? And can explain?...

9. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Drives will fail. They just wear out or they were faulty to begin with.Just put in a new harddrive and call it a day. Theres no need to wipe it now its toast.

10. Ouji

Ouji Thread Starter

I see, thanks for taking time to reply on my post.

11. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    You are very welcome.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031889

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice