1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Disk Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by holographic, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. holographic

holographic Thread Starter

My Computer has a Promise HPT37x RAID PCI Card, with two 80GB Disks in RAID 0.
    Recently, i added a seperate 120GB disk to the PCI Card, everything works fine.
    However, when i try using Drive Image 2002 to backup my 80GB Disks, Drive Image would load, then it would say "Error 91: Disk Manager has been detected on drive 1, but Disk Manager is not running."
    Powerquest tells me to erase the Disk Manger signature on my MBR or something (http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/primus/id2747.html).
    However, the problem is solved when i remove the 120 GB hard drive from the PCI Card.
    The problem is, I plan to save the image file on the 120GB disk, and now its just like a circle.
    I have also tried Acronis TrueImage, but TrueImage doenst even see my HDs at all, even with the 120GB Disk unplugged.
    Anyone got any idea how to fix this?
    Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219228

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice