1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Drive 60G Deskstar, its a bit crook

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by daddrie, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daddrie

daddrie Thread Starter

I've got a Deskstar 60G HD IDE, (ex Ebay) however upon receiving it I have found that 2 of the 4 PCB screws are missing and the Drive is not working. :( :( It was advertised as not working but I thought it might have been a fdisk problem and so I got it, not knowing the top had also been removed.
    Siiiiiii such is life.

I am now working on the assumption that if the PCB is faulty, then if I can replace it with another, I just might get it up and going.

Would anyone out there in internet land have a PCB off a known drive or know how or where I might get my HD working again?

I sent it to IBM in Australia, but they returned to me, package unopened, not being prepared to offer me any help.

So this is a last ditch attempt to get some help.
    Jim
    :rolleyes:

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Personally, I'd consider this a valuable lesson and not put any more money into this endevor. It's quite likely that the HDA is defective, and you've be putting more money into a losing cause.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Do you have a trash can handy?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170110

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice