1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hard drive access

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by wallie123, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wallie123

wallie123 Thread Starter

My porsche hard drive now has restricted my access to my backups after my school wiped and reset my Macbook. I can open the backups but after i get to my user folders like Desktop or Downloads all have the red circle and white line and wont let me open it because i dont have permission. I have changed the sharing and permission settings to "read and write" but still it says i have no access. I can drag them to my desktop and open them but i have to download an hours worth of files. Sometimes I cant change the permission to read and write and it just stays as no access. please help me. No matter what i do i cant get rid of the no access sign or get into the folder. I can access folders from after my wipe.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216208

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice