Solved Hard drive activity light using a SSD?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

larryh10000

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 16 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 5602 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7640G, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 569 GB (516 GB Free); D: 25 GB (3 GB Free);
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 184B
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

If I replace my HDD with a SSD does the activity light still blink when accessing data?

Noyb

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Jay
Mine does ... Even the activity on my External Enclosure loaded with a SSD

Last edited:

larryh10000

If you don't mind sharing, what brand of SSD did you buy for your primary drive. Also, how difficult was the installation and cloning (if you did clone everything from the old HDD). I will be buying an SSD soon and need all the help and iinfo I can get. If you prefer not to share all that here I understand (y)

crjdriver

I use and recommend either samsung or intel for a ssd. Both of those are just about bullet proof.

Noyb

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Jay
Currently running a Samsung 250gig Evo 850 ... It's currently at 2.1TBW, and ~3000 hrs.
I have an "identical" computer that I use for editing videos ... It's at 4.6TBW and ~3500 hrs

My next will be the Samsung 260 Evo 860 for the greater (~8x) TBW life ... I just got a new one.
I have a HDD that's loaded with my OS .... It's basically a fresh install that's kept updated.
All my Data is in HDDs

Before I change ..
I update the HDD > Then make an Acronis Image backup ..
Then restore the SSD from the Acronis Image backup.
Clone also works , but I use the Image backup to make sure it works.

I never backup a working OS ... all restores are back to as new (Fresh) as they can be

I've got an external enclosure holding an Old SSD

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online