1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hard drive boot up errors :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jerome707, Jan 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerome707

jerome707 Thread Starter

when i turn on my comp when it is detecting my hard drive/cd rom drive, it makes this staticky sound that is loud, then it gets to the next screen where it shows all the irq's of all the devices and under that it says invalid boot disk press enter to continue, or something. then after the comp is on for about 5 mins or so it makes a clicking sound for about 10 secs, then it goes back to the staticky sound, this happend when i first booted up my comp today, i dont know if my brother/sister ****ed around with my comp or something, but how could this of happened?

i know that its my HD because when i unplug it and try to boot up, it doesnt make a sound.

2. Party Boy

Party Boy

Sounds like your hard disk is screwed if it is making that kind of noise, you can try redetetecting the drive in your BIOS but if its making loud noises I wouldn't hold out much hope :(

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Funny thing, I just had an old WD 2.5gig drive die in the same manner. It's likely that you will never get anything from that drive, it's dead! :rolleyes:

FWIW, I doubt anybody did anything to the system, I've had drives fail in exactly that manner, just turn it on one day, and they're dead.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111825

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice