Hard drive capacity being incorrectly reported

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wvwink

I image copied data from a 20 GB Maxor hard drive to a 60GB Maxor hard drive using the Max-Blast v1.30 utility that ships with the Maxor hard drives. All data was correctly copied, but the 60GB
hard drive capacity now is read by Dos and all other utilities as 20GB. I tried deleting the DOS partitions and reformatting the hard drive, but it still is recognized as a 20GB. Does anyone know how to recover the missing 40GBs?

wvwink

Yes it does BIOS is only a few months old. I visited the Maxtor web site and down loaded a couple of low level formating programs. I suspect that the problem is in the low-level formating. I am going to try that and I will let u know.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online