1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Drive Clone

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by woodhead28, Feb 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. woodhead28

woodhead28 Thread Starter

Can anyone give me information/website/anything to walk me through the clone/gost process.I have gost 2001 on my computer now.I just bought a differnt computer from a freind and i want to clone or gost the OS and all the other info from the old puter to the new one. PLEASE HELP

thanks jeff

2. RiViT

RiViT

If you buy a new HD most of them give you the option of formating that a HD or cloning the old HD to that new one....

3. crispy

crispy

Hi Jeff, Im not an expert by any means, I've only put two machine together, but I can't see it working. Even if all the components were identical like sound card, cpu, graphics card etc. it still wouldn't work. And if they were the same, why would you want to change it?

Chris P

4. crispy

crispy

I just did a quick Google and came up with several alternative options. Check out: but I don't think Ghost would be much good for what you are trying to do.

Chris

5. woodhead28

woodhead28 Thread Starter

I Just want to clone a hard drive

6. crispy

crispy

That's not quite what you said in your original post. Ghost is great for cloning an existing hard drive to a new one on the same computer, but you seemed to want to clone from Computer A to computer B, and I'm pretty sure that won't work. If I've got the wrong end of the stick, then please accept my apologies and I'll drop out.

Chris P

7. slipe

slipe

I agree with Chris. The clone of the boot drive includes all of your drivers and they aren’t going to be the same for the new computer. You can’t clone just the OS and leave the drivers and such. The computer might not even boot with the cloned drive.

But to answer your question, these are the best simple instructions I have found for Ghost: http://radified.com/Ghost/ghost_1.htm

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117611

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice