1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard drive cloning

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jeff B, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff B

Jeff B Thread Starter

I have a T30 Thinkpad, XP Pro and want to replace hard drive with a new 120 gig. First off, any suggestion on brands? And what is the best cloning software out there? Are the free programs like HDCLONE ok?
    Thanks, JeffB

2. dogged

dogged

i've always had good results with Seagate hard drives myself. as for cloning software i use Acronis True Image (have to pay for it though). not sure on HD Clone but i'm sure the guru's here can advise on some freeware cloner programs.

3. Waldo_II

Waldo_II

I did the same thing quite a while ago. I had very little knowledge of what I was doing.

Fortunately, someone here pointed me towards XXClone. It worked perfectly the first time. Make sure you check the boxes relating the Master Boot Record.

Trust me, the testimonials are REAL. It REALLY is as great as it sounds.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/635858

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice