1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hard drive cloning..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jbrdbr111, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jbrdbr111

jbrdbr111 Thread Starter

Not exactly sure where to post this, so here goes...

I have attempted to clone my older 40gb drive to my new 500gb drive with no success thus far.. I first tried Gparted, after it said it was successful, I removed my old drive, and re-booted to only see a blank screen with a flashing cursor, nothing else..

I was told about Clonezilla, and I couldn't get the .iso to work, so I came across HDclone,and Liked the interface, but after leaving it running all night, it always stopped around 93%, after like 3 tries...

I am desperate for help.. I just want something to make a decent clone of my drive where it actually works and boots like the old one... Any tips/help is greatly appreciated...

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

3. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

What brand name hard drives?

4. replay

replay

5. jbrdbr111

jbrdbr111 Thread Starter

I will try those and see what happens..

Maxtor for my 40gb, and Hitachi for my 500gb

6. jbrdbr111

jbrdbr111 Thread Starter

Dude, it worked, it worked!!!!.. (y) :) (y) :) OMG~!!!!

lol Dude I am so ecstatic right now.. I've been through so many CD-R's all over my floor with crappy Iso images on them, and crappy programs, and trial trial worked like a charm!!!!

Thanks so much!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702567

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice