hard drive cloning..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jbrdbr111

Not exactly sure where to post this, so here goes...

I have attempted to clone my older 40gb drive to my new 500gb drive with no success thus far.. I first tried Gparted, after it said it was successful, I removed my old drive, and re-booted to only see a blank screen with a flashing cursor, nothing else..

I was told about Clonezilla, and I couldn't get the .iso to work, so I came across HDclone,and Liked the interface, but after leaving it running all night, it always stopped around 93%, after like 3 tries...

I am desperate for help.. I just want something to make a decent clone of my drive where it actually works and boots like the old one... Any tips/help is greatly appreciated...

jbrdbr111

I will try those and see what happens..

Maxtor for my 40gb, and Hitachi for my 500gb

jbrdbr111

Dude, it worked, it worked!!!!.. (y) :) (y) :) OMG~!!!!

lol Dude I am so ecstatic right now.. I've been through so many CD-R's all over my floor with crappy Iso images on them, and crappy programs, and trial trial worked like a charm!!!!

Thanks so much!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts