Hard Drive Combination

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Joshuaperry64

As you can see in my Sysinfo my hard drive is almost full, i have another 1TB hard drive and i would like to combine them. seems simple enough but my only problem is it already contains data. so im here in search of help either finding a way of combining them with no data loss. i have one option availble but i dont know if its possible, i have multiple spare drives and i can round up enough of them to back up my data so i can span the volumes using win10 Disk Management, but i dont know of a way or even if possible to split my data up on multiple hard drives, then combine my two empty 1TB drives then move the data back with no corruption or data loss. sounds risky to me
bottom line is i need my 2 1TB drives combined but one drive is already almost full. how can i do it

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8104 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -1988 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (52 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0GDG8Y
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Joshuaperry64

Does this software use cloud backup or something. Cause I don't have the space for a backup unless I can split my backup across multiple drives

All of the Windows solutions described above require empty drives in order to get everything setup. Then you can restore your backed up data to the 'combined' drives.

Note: Read those articles carefully because in some cases, when a single one of your 'combined' drives goes bad you lose everything on all drives. IOW if it's something you MUST have, consider keeping more than one copy of it ... preferably two, one offsite in case of a catastrophe.

crjdriver

If this data is important to you, you make backups. Data you do not backup is data you do not care about. Your use of a spanned volume just increases the chance of data loss. With a spanned volume, if one drive fails, you loose the entire volume.
Next a 4TB drive is less than $88 at the egg;
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16822235011
Up to you, YOU must decide how much this data is worth to you AND if you want to risk data loss using a spanned volume.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online