1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Drive Cure?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gazza, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gazza

gazza Thread Starter

Hi to all,

I am just writing to give a bit of information about a cure for a problem i had with my 2 drive partitioned 27GB USB linked external hard drive.
    What the trouble was, is that no matter what i tried i could not get my L:\ drive to show up in Windows Explorer.
    Even though the K:\ drive would show up ok.
    I spent about 10 hours trying to solve the problem.
    Formatting, backing up, re-formatting and even in the end installing it in my main case to try to cure it.

And after finally giving up, i would have to accept that i could not get the L:\ drive to show in Windows Explorer.
    And the only way into it was via Start/Run L:.

I remembered that somewhere in Windows XP Home, is a setting that allows you to tick which drives are active.
    After another 30 minutes i discovered that my problem stemmed from TweakUI, and that the L:\ drive was not ticked.

So once that was done the L:\ drive showed up, even in My Computer as well.

I don't know if this will help anyone, but i feel that i should share this with the forum.
    After all of the help that i have received in the past from everyone.

Thanks

p.s. I tried to post the problem on the forum, but for some reason the page kept timing out on me whenever i tried to post it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113093

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice