Hard drive d gone while tryng to transfer windows

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Zygis

Soo i was tryng to put my windows to my d drive because it had more space.When i was tryng to make a copy it made the d drive disapear and it became the copy of windows.Now i dont know how to get my d drive with 1tb back.I found with some programs that 600gb from the 1tb were in hybernation else i dont know please help.

Zygis

Well i copied windows with an app called Macrium Reflect.I did some digging in a program and I found out that my d lost drive has gone somewhere.

Attachments

managed

Allan
As I asked please post a screenshot of Disk Management with it's window expanded to show all the details on all the drives, it's difficult to see what's happened using the ones you already posted.

managed

Allan
I don't think you have lost anything but some drive/partition letters have changed.

You will have to repeat the Cloning as shown below :-
  1. Make a full drive Clone from source drive to destination drive.
  2. Shutdown the computer.
  3. As soon as the computer shuts down remove the power cable from the source drive.
  4. Now you can boot using the destination drive, to do so you may have to go into the Bios to make this drive the first boot device.
After a successful boot using the destination drive reconnect the power to the source drive.

Zygis

Soo from what drive to which drive should i clone it.And from which drive should I boot.Could you tell me a bit detailed.

managed

Allan
Ok, looking at the Disk Management screenshot for the Disk numbers :-
In Macrium
Select Disk 3 as the source
click on 'Clone this Disk'
Select Disk 2 as the destination
continue from Step 2 in my previous post.

Zygis

Well i tried this 2 times nothing worked the same drives appear the 1tb d drive is still missing or like it says 600 gb are in hibernation.I don't know what to do please help.

managed

Allan
Did you follow my steps exactly to do the cloning ?

Please post a new screenshot of Disk Management

Zygis

The only thing that changed is that the hybernation part is almost gone but now there's 800 gb unlocated

Attachments

managed

Allan
The easiest thing to do is make a new partition using that unallocated space.
To do that in Disk Management right click on it > New simple volume
Then continue by accepting all the defaults by clicking Next on each window that appears, that will create a new partition and give it a drive letter.

managed

Allan
In Disk Management right-click on the Unallocated space partition, the one with the black band, then click on 'New Simple Volume' and accept all the defaults.

Zygis

It says not enough space.
Sorry for not responding that long I was on vacation.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online