Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard drive d gone while tryng to transfer windows

2K views 18 replies 2 participants last post by  managed 
#1 ·
Soo i was tryng to put my windows to my d drive because it had more space.When i was tryng to make a copy it made the d drive disapear and it became the copy of windows.Now i dont know how to get my d drive with 1tb back.I found with some programs that 600gb from the 1tb were in hybernation else i dont know please help.

#4 ·
As I asked please post a screenshot of Disk Management with it's window expanded to show all the details on all the drives, it's difficult to see what's happened using the ones you already posted.

#6 ·
I don't think you have lost anything but some drive/partition letters have changed.

You will have to repeat the Cloning as shown below :-
  1. Make a full drive Clone from source drive to destination drive.
  2. Shutdown the computer.
  3. As soon as the computer shuts down remove the power cable from the source drive.
  4. Now you can boot using the destination drive, to do so you may have to go into the Bios to make this drive the first boot device.
After a successful boot using the destination drive reconnect the power to the source drive.

#8 ·
Ok, looking at the Disk Management screenshot for the Disk numbers :-
In Macrium
Select Disk 3 as the source
click on 'Clone this Disk'
Select Disk 2 as the destination
continue from Step 2 in my previous post.

#12 ·
The easiest thing to do is make a new partition using that unallocated space.
To do that in Disk Management right click on it > New simple volume
Then continue by accepting all the defaults by clicking Next on each window that appears, that will create a new partition and give it a drive letter.

#16 ·
Did you Right-click where it says 819.72GB on the final partition on Disk #2 in Disk Management ?
(note the Disk numbering begins with Disk #0 so you want to be on the 3rd disk down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.