1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Drive Difficultys

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vinciepoo, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinciepoo

vinciepoo Thread Starter

Hello, i have read many posts hear before and everyone seems very nice in helping out people and i am wondering if maybe someone could help me out. I just bought a new computer last weekend and i have a harddrive that i was using in my old computer, now it is very important that i have all those files on my new computer which was on my hardrive in my old computer, i was wondering how to get the files on my old harddrive into my new computer. I already installed my old harddrive in my new computer but it still wont show up as a working harddrive, i think i need to go into control panel or something and activate the old hardrive thats in my new computer but i am not sure.

I kno that might sound confusing but please i need help!

Thanks,
    Vince

2. Arky

Arky

Make sure the jumpers on the old drive are set to slave. It should then be recognized and all your files visible for taking.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276179

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice