1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard drive disk 1 failure Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by twilson29, Mar 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twilson29

twilson29 Thread Starter

New to this i have an hp notebook and windows 10 on it. When ever i turn on my laptop lately it cones up with hard drive smart failure and it tells me to run a test and i do and it keeps telling me failure and a failure id of 9spsxh-81w9j1-xd7x61-60an03 and says hard drive 1 primary hdd bay and then to call hp tech support but my laptop is no longer under warranty so I can't call them for help. Im not sure what i need to do please help.

2. 8biosdrive

8biosdrive

What are the specifications of your system? What is the size, speed, and age of your hard drive, and the age of your notebook? Do you have all your data on that drive backed up? You could use a recovery disk or drive if you have one, and the check the status of the hard drive in disk management. Assuming the hard drive has failed, you would need to get a new hard drive and swap it with your old one to see if that fixes the problem (after formatting and installing the operating system). Using a recovery disk, you might then be able to transfer any needed files from the hard drive to an external hard drive, but in the case of mechanical failure, you would need data recovery services.

3. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    To add to what was said by 8biosdrive, you need to shut off and stop using the computer until you are ready to back up any important files that are not backed up anywhere else. You may have already lost some data and any use of the drive could cause further loss.

SarahSims likes this.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224046

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice