1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hard drive error from norton ghost help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sexystef, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sexystef

sexystef Thread Starter

i have a gateway laptop 450rog and i got this from norton ghost
    (Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: My Computer Backup. Warning A7C30019: The type of errors encountered indicate that this hard disk drive is about to fail. It is recommended that this drive be replaced soon. To ignore this error and backup this drive, select "Ignore bad sectors during copy" from the advanced options in the Drive Backup Wizard. Error E7C3000F: Device \\?\SymantecSnapshot0 cannot read 8488 sectors starting at LBA 26142568. Error EBAB03F1: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
    Details: 0xA7C30019
    Source: Norton Ghost):(

1st do i trust this ?
    if yes how do i save everything on my hard drive so when i get a new one it is easy to install this will be my first time doing this so amuch help is need thank you
    :confused:

2. jasonxxx102

jasonxxx102

This sounds very fishy to me I wouldnt trust this. Try and run a virus scan first. You could always connect a slave drive and move all of your important files.

3. Michael York

Michael York

Hi sexystef,

Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team responding to your posting.

The first thing you should do is to manually back up your data to another drive or media so that the data is intact and safe.

The error message you are receiving points to a possible problem with some aspect of your hard drive. After you back up your data you should run the Windows "chkdsk" and "defrag" utilities on that drive. When this process is complete you can then attempt to create a Ghost image file of the whole drive, choosing to "ignore" bad sectors, etc. If you still receive error messages from Ghost, then your best bet is to replace the failing drive, reinstall Windows and then manually copy the data you saved from the manual backup..

Thank you,
    Mike

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752722

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice