1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Drive Error - Scanning and Repairing Stuck

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wolfbane325, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Wolfbane325

Wolfbane325 Thread Starter

My problem has been a gradual one, and I suspected something like this would happen eventually. For the past two months my computer has been having more and more struggles booting at a quick pace. At times it would freeze mid startup, and then bluescreens. In attempts to fix that issue, I ordered a new SSD and tried to move the bootup sequence onto that new drive. Suffice to say, that only worked so well. Compared to the current issue however, this was nothing.

I just recently moved into a new apartment and upon startup of my computer in the second day, I was told I had a drive error. This limited my access into my D: drive and slowed my access into files considerably. As such, I tried to fix the issue through online tips and personal insight. The problem was not solved, and upon recent restarts the computer has started a scanning and repairing sequence for drive D:. I would like to be patient and trust that the computer could handle it, there were previous issues trying to use the error check tool from the drives properties. It was able to find errors, but never able to make it part the beginning in terms of fixing them. Now for the automatic startup scan and repair, it has become stuck at 2%. It has been like this for 24 hours now, and I'm curious on what everyone else advises for this situation.
    IMG_20190831_115304253.jpg
    I'm just trying to take the advice of being patient and waiting it out. Any help is much appreciated!

THETRUEGENIUS likes this.
  2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Go download the Ubuntu Live CD iso. Right click on it and choose Burn to Disk. Then boot with it and see if it can see the hard drive. Then copy the files you want to keep to a USB memory stick. I think your hard disk is toast.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232339

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice