1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Drive failure eminent

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by liloldham, Jun 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. liloldham

liloldham Thread Starter

I have an HP Pavilion AY627AA -ABA a4313W Running Windows 7 Home Premium (X64) Serv. Pack 1.
    When started I get a black screen with error stating hard drive failure eminent, back up drive and f2 to continue. I was able to create back up disks but when I try to create a system image I get an error that current drive or destination drive has a problem and can't continue. I am using a WD my passport to create it. Got same error using DVDs. I have a used drive from another computer that had the exact Seagate Barracuda 7200 1TB. How can I copy the bad drive to this drive? Looked thru posts but couldn't find one similar.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    You could connect the spare Seagate drive inside the computer and then use free software to do the 'cloning'.

I use and recommend this program:- https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

Click on the Copy Disk button and follow the onscreen instructions.

Any errors on the source disk will be copied to the destination disk.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  3. liloldham

liloldham Thread Starter

Thanks! I continued to search and found another that had posted that since the drives were Seagate I could go to their site and find a program to clone the disk. Used it and it worked. The only problem now is as you mentioned there were errors and they will be copied to new disk. Not sure what errors were or how to continue. It appears to work fine. I presume they may show up later but it is my wife's and I am certain she will inform me. Ha! Thanks for the help.

4. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    I'm sure she will. ;)

Glad you got the clone made ok. The Seagate software is a special version of Acronis True Image which is one of the best.

You may be lucky and everything works perfectly. Just use it and cross your fingers !

5. liloldham

liloldham Thread Starter

It worked well and was easy to use. I was a little confused as to which drive was which at first, it labels them 1 and 2 rather than c and d. but figured it out. No problems so far. Again thanks to everyone on this site. Retired as a Respiratory Therapy Practitioner and know a little electronics. Would recommend this site to all. God Bless! Leon

6. managed

First Name:
    Allan
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212157

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice