1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard drive failure

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pedro52067, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pedro52067

pedro52067 Thread Starter

Hi everyone, my external hard drive fails to power up and I don't know how come. I'm fussy when it comes to powering down and removing hardware from systray and I can't work out why this Buffalo 1TB failed on me.
    Thanks in anticipation for any help :(

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    If it's not powering up, then the power pack the enclosure is faulty.

3. pedro52067

pedro52067 Thread Starter

Hi, I really appreciate the quick reply, I went to see the store where I got it from and he reckons its the power plug AND the USB lead. Will keep you posted on what happens, I am contacting Buffalo to see what help they can be, which won't be much in today's world. Seems to me that you "Can't complain about the service...there isn't any!!!"
    Thanks again
    pedro

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1093562

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice