Hard Drive Failure :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AlMujtahid

I have a PC and the Hard Drive has "failed." It was running Windows XP and in the middle of working on it, it just flickered and went to a black screen with an error message.

Since, I have gotten a new hard drive and got the computer up and running again. We do, unfortunately have a lot of information we need to get off the older drive. The BIOS recognizes the drive if i connect it as a slave. I also have an external connecting cable that I can connect to the hard drive and then to my laptop via USB and it recognized new hard ware and it shows in the device manager, but it does not show in My Computer as a drive.

Are these good signs? How can I recover the data on this drive?

These are not good sings.
How much do you want to spend to get the data off? This can get expensive but can be done.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online