1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Drive Files

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by sam0261qwerty, Apr 29, 2011.

?

What should I do?

1. Get new computer?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Can I Fix this one?

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sam0261qwerty

sam0261qwerty Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3400+, x86 Family 15 Model 95 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 1470 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 24999 MB, Free - 1821 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc, 0HY175, A03, ..CN708216AKK0YW.
    Antivirus: AntiVir Desktop, Updated: No, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

I recently have had some issues with viruses. I have ran many spyware, adware, malware, and virus scans and have removed all known threats. My computer is back to working order however my hard drive will not show its files when I try to access them. It is like they have disappeared. Obviously I know that hasn't happened but I can not access them. I have tried Registry cleaners and my computer will not allow me to perform a system restore. I can not defrag my computer because it says I only have 6% free space. How can I fix this so when I click on my C: drive from my computer it will reveal all the files that I know are actually there? Someone said it might be an HKEY virus. I do not know what to do but this is my work computer so any help would be greatly appreciated. Any suggestions please send to [email protected] or answer on this site. Thank you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/994080

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice