Hard drive formatting instruction for brand new hard drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rskin2001

I installed a brand new hard drive in my hp pavilion ze4630 and even when booting from the the Win XP disk it does not see the new hard drive. I tried using a Win Me disk in an attempt format from dos but unit does not boot into dos. The hard drive is a Toshiba MK4025GAS and i did not find a driver on their site. What do i need to do to initialize a virgin hard drive ? Also tried installing as slave drive to my desktop and format with functioning Win XP but it also did not see the drive. Thanks for assistance with this matter.

rskin2001 said:
I installed a brand new hard drive in my hp pavilion ze4630 and even when booting from the the Win XP disk it does not see the new hard drive. I tried using a Win Me disk in an attempt format from dos but unit does not boot into dos. The hard drive is a Toshiba MK4025GAS and i did not find a driver on their site. What do i need to do to initialize a virgin hard drive ? Also tried installing as slave drive to my desktop and format with functioning Win XP but it also did not see the drive. Thanks for assistance with this matter.
Can you see the drive in the BIOS setup?

If after you install the drive in the laptop, make sure your computer/laptop is set to boot from the cdrom/dvdrom/cdrw/dvdrw drive first.

And although windows in your desktop, doesn't see the slave drive, if you right click on My Computer and chose Manage, chose Disk Management when that window opens, you shoud see your drive in there, then you can partition it and format.

rskin2001 said:
Howdy folks...

If XP isn't seeing it then more than likely the BIOS isn't either, make sure that it is connected correctly, if it is then take it back it's defective...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online