Hard Drive Formatting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GamerGuy1

Hey there. Here's what's going on. I have a 500gb Western Digital Passport Essential. I had formatted it to NTFS right when I got it. It works fine with my Vista laptop. But I now wish I could use it with more. I'd like to be able to connect it to my PS3 and 360 to get media off of it, and I use Windows and Mac both very much on a daily basis, so I think I'd like to reformat it as FAT32, but before I do, I'd like to ask if this is a good idea. I've heard things that FAT32 doesn't accept files more than 4 gigs? So any help on the matter would be great. Thanks.

dustyjay

Jay
I would consider that the File size limit would make it an unwise choice however you could make a fat32 partition on the drive for the gaming system media part. leaving the rest NTFS.

The limit on FAT32 file size is 4 Gigabytes, actually 4 Gigabytes less 1 byte.

I don't know much about gaming systems. Do they generally create or use files that exceed that limit?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online