1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Drive Found Then Not Found??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by anglia, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anglia

anglia Thread Starter

Hi all

Still having real problems with a Time Notebook. Spec quoted below.

If I boot from cold, hard disk is not found and defaults to a screen asking me to choose boot device. I Choose HD and enter, it just keeps showing me the choice screen again. If I reboot and enter bios, primary master is shown as disabled. If I change boot order to 1=HD, 2=HD, 3=HD and re-boot, it finds the HD and loads XP as it should.

Now, if I choose re-start and not turn off, it loads perfectly everytime. Does anyone have any ideas cause I,m outta them.

Notebook spec is:

Time Notebook 8375
    Don't know M/board
    Bios is "Insyde Software SCU" never heard of this before?? Very basic with only limited commands. No auto detect primary drive.

When it wont load XP, In "Devices" it is showing IDE Primary = Disabled with no obvious way of enabling it
    I have just reset boot order to HD as 1st, re-booted and it recognised the FujitsuMHR2030AT D straightaway and loaded XP.

Please can anyone offer any more advice.
    Regards
    Ian

2. norton850

norton850

You might need a new BIOS battery. An easy job on a desktop, but usually not on a laptop.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542066

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice