1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Drive Icon Missing

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Likeatalltree, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Likeatalltree

Likeatalltree Thread Starter

The icon for my c: drive is missing and the icon is a white paper icon with 6 symbols on it. The C drive still opens its just annoying. Thanks

2. 1069

3. keemanxp

keemanxp

TweakUI Icon rebuilding should work, but in case it don't you might want to show all hidden files and system files and look for "autorun.ini" in the root folder of your drives. Well, it there is one....delete it.

Happy trying...

4. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

Likeatalltree, Another fix that usually works is to start your computer in SAFE mode then restart it in Normal mode. This will rebuild the IconCache.db file and many times corrects the problem.

Tufenuf

5. Likeatalltree

Likeatalltree Thread Starter

thanks for all the answers, i will try them when i get home today.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/626496

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice