1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard drive install questions!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by scarrylarry, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scarrylarry

scarrylarry Thread Starter

Hello all, my parents have an older computer That's mainly used for games that the grandkids can play when they visit. It has an amd athlon mp processor 256 mb ram and a Gforce 2 grfx card. It also runs Windows 98 second edition. Anyway they got a real good deal on a 80gb harddrive which I installed into their newer computer as a slave drive. Now I want to take their 40GB slave harddrive that I removed from their newer computer and put it in place of the master drive in the older computer running 98SE but I want to transfer everything that's on the C: drive to the 40 gig How exactly do I do this since the 40gig is replacing the current C: drive. By the way the computer has 2 harddrives the C: drive which I want to replace has a total of 1.50GB on it 651MB used 892 free the second drive is split into to partitions a D: drive that has 1.99GB on it 866Mb used 1.14GB free & a E: drive which has 0.98GB on it 430MB used 583MB free.Do I have to swap the 40gig with the slave drive first copy over the C: drive to it then remove the C: drive and install the 40 as the primary and then re-attach the slave. I'm not sure about this one. and what program can I used to swap the OS is norton ghost a good one cus I have that. Any help is appriceated In advance thanks.
    ,scarrylarry

2. SacsTC

SacsTC

Yes. Get the manufacturers utility from their website.

3. scarrylarry

scarrylarry Thread Starter

Well it took a miracle but I got it all working thanks for all the help once again!?.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/431803

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice